Thursday, September 3, 2009

Crazyland update

Status: Friends only

That’s it. The world’s going bonkers. Supers on campus, and I’m pretty sure my sister’s been replaced by an alien clone. Or her brain’s been eaten. I mean, the only other option is that she’s matured out of high school drama, but that’s just silly. There are plenty of adults out there who still care about high school fallouts, and it’s not like Chelsea’s suddenly acting grown-up.

No, she’s just acting like a crazy person.

Remember when I said before she came back from her retreat acting all buddy-buddy with Deena Markowitz? So yesterday I go out for a while, come back a little earlier than I expected, open the garage door and there’s this strange car parked inside.

Kitchen’s empty. Living room’s empty. Mom’s not home. I go to Chelsea’s room and what do I find? Chelsea and Deena, reading Cosmos on Chelsea’s bed.

And it wasn’t a “we’ve been sitting here for hours, and we’re totally engrossed in the sex quizzes” kind of reading. I had the distinct feeling that the magazines were props and they had been doing something else just a few seconds before I came in. (Planning an all-school social takeover? They could, if they’re combining forces.)

They both looked kind of guilty and nervous, so I left them alone. I asked Chelsea about it later, and she said they had been paired up for a summer reading project. Right.

I went along with it for now, so she wouldn’t know that I know that something’s up, but I am going to get to the bottom of this.

How pathetic is it that I’m obsessing over my sister’s social circle like this? Very. Very very pathetic and sad. But what else am I going to do to entertain myself with nothing scheduled for the week except getting ready for next week’s classes?


9 comments

iRant: Want to help me unload boxes? It’s gotta be a healthier activity.




babblingbrook: pass.




katidid714: You’re fine for now. If you try to go undercover at Heatherclear though, I’m arranging an intervention.




babblingbrook: I think my old uniform might still fit…. I’d need an accomplice, though.



katidid714: LOL! I’ll lend my plaid skirt to the cause if you can convince Ira to go with you!




iRant: Leave me out of this.




katidid714: It would be hard to find saddle oxfords in your size, anyway. Unless you own a pair…?




iRant: *fingers in ears* La la la la! I can’t hear you!




babblingbrook: This just in. Guess where Chelsea’s spending LDW? Deena’s family’s cabin!


(Continue to Darcy Ages's response.)